FARMcurious is hiring an office assistantPosted on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 | By Nicole Easterday |
We've filled this position but please keep an eye out for future openings!
OFFICE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
FARMcurious LLC is a fast-growing start-up providing education, inspiration and equipment for makers, urban farmers and kitchen crafters. This is a great opportunity for a creative fast-learner and multi-tasker to learn what it takes to build a business from the ground up, learn about food-based DIY products and projects, and connect to the food craft community at large while helping a small, family-run business grow and thrive.
We’re seeking a part-time Office Assistant to join our foundational team and grow within the role as the company grows. The assistant will be responsible for planning and executing long-term projects as well as day-to-day completion of tasks related to the daily operations of the business. The ideal candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a constantly changing environment in a small, growing company where the sky’s the limit on creativity and creation amidst priorities that may shift from day to day.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, fast-paced problem-solver with a long-term vision who can respond to requests from the team as well as add their own insight. You don’t sit idle and when you finish a task you’re always looking around for something else that can be done rather than waiting for instructions. You enjoy collaboration, which often leads to independent ownership of projects as they blossom from inception to completion. You revel in the satisfaction of completing projects from start to finish and are a quick thinker, learner, and doer who doesn’t require micromanagement for inspiration. You bring a passion for organization, have an eye for detail, love being a part of a team, and know how to work well with others. Openness to learning new software and systems will be key.
This position will be 16-24 hours per week with room for growth.
- Help track FARMcurious inventory and re-order when necessary
- Organize receipts, expenses and invoices
- Manage and update the FARMcurious annual calendar
- Help package and mail online orders
- Answer customer inquiries via phone and email
- Order office supplies
- Run occasional errands, such as picking up products, etc
- Locate and research new products for the FARMcurious online store
- Contact wholesalers and manufacturers regarding purchasing new products
- Test products by using them
- Upload descriptions and photos of new products to our Shopify website as well and make changes and edits
Social Media & Marketing
- Post, engage and answer followers on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Seek blog and website partners for guest blog posts, giveaways and events
- Enter new e-newsletter subscribers into MailChimp database
- Write occasional blog posts for farmcurious.com
- Occasional research
Events and Workshops
- Coordinate logistics such as load-in times, worker schedules & demo times for festivals
- Create attendee lists and name tags for private events
- Prepare product inventory for events & festivals
- Attend festivals and workshops to represent FARMcurious
- Must exhibit honesty, integrity and be a team player, willing to roll-up your sleeves and do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Be pro-active and take initiative to find and solve problems, own a project from start-to-finish, have excellent communication skills, and follow-through
- Must be tidy, efficient, organized and able to represent the company professionally
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with an eye for detail
- Strong ability to self-start, plan and manage projects, organize work and manage time
- Understand and use social media, preferably to promote a brand.
- Strong computer skills including experience working with design layouts and applying text to images. Comfortable using MS Office Suite and Google Drive
- Access to a car, a valid driver's license and insurance; ability to run near-by errands
- Self-motivation is key in this role
Bonus points for:
- Interest in growing and learning within the company
- Passion for food craft, fermentation, farm-to-table, homesteading and/or food policy
- Blogging/writing capabilities
Please send resumer and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include in your cover letter why FARMcurious interests you personally.