Recipe: Potato salad with fermented vegetablesPosted on Thursday, August 20, 2015 | By Nicole Easterday |
Potato Salad with Fermented Vegetables
Classic potato salad mixed with fermented vegetables makes for a delicious summer barbecue or picnic side dish that everyone will love. Get creative and feel free to add whatever fermented veggies you have on hand for this probiotic take on a beloved warm weather dish.
3 lb potatoes
1.5 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup fermented vegetables (Whatever you have will work! We like radishes, red peppers, carrots, broccoli, and cucumbers best.)
3 ribs celery
1 tsp chopped chives or red onions
Small bunch flat-leaf parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp mustard seeds
5-6 tbsp liquid from any fermented vegetables
- Scrub potatoes (no need to peel them) and place in a pot of salted water. Bring water and potatoes to a boil and cook until a knife easily pierces the potatoes. When potatoes are cool, cut into half-inch cubes.
- Dice fermented vegetables, celery, and parsley. Place in a large bowl.
- Add finely chopped chives or onions and cubed potatoes.
- Add mayonnaise, fermenting liquid, salt, pepper, and mustard seeds.
- Stir all together and enjoy!
Excited to try this recipe, but don’t know how to get started fermenting your own delicious vegetables? Check out our FARMcurious Fermenting Set with ReCAP 2-Pack to try it out!