The holidays are in full swing and everyone is searching for the perfect gift. FARMcurious would love to help you select something that will bring out the urban homesteader from the most serious 9 to 5'er. On Sunday, Dec 19th please join us for the first ever underground holiday gift party in a secret room at the Le Meridien Hotel in San Francisco. From 2pm to 7pm we'll be serving up homemade treats and festive beverages while showing the best urban homesteading gifts to inspire your loved ones to connect with their food. There will be DIY demonstrations and maybe even a special guest or two (can you say Sean Timberlake of Hedonia
and Punk Domestics
??). We're still confirming the demonstration line-up but so far we have: 2:30pm
- Sean Timberlake of Punk Domestics
demonstrate making his famous take on limoncello - pompelmocello
! There will be a hands-on approach and everyone will take home a sample! 3:30pm
- It's easy to make your own kombucha at home and we'll show you how during this mushroom tea tutorial. 4:30pm
- Nicole Kramer (yours truly) will demonstrate how to make easy goat cheese at home. Everyone will get to dress up their own goat cheese with a selection of herbs and take it home to share. 5:30pm
- Learn how to make hand-carved wooden stamps to create your own holiday wrapping paper and stationery. Terina Danielle, San Francisco artist and creator of the FARMcurious "I tractor OAK" tee
will show us how! Last-minute holiday gifts for the urban homesteader on your list:
Some of the gift items you can expect to see wrapped stylishly in up-cycled newspaper are:
- Home Cheese-Making Kits - Goat Cheese and Mozzarella Kits available
- Tiffin Lunch Containers - for the 'greenest' person in your family
- Bambooware Utensils - the perfect stocking stuffer
- Canning Starter Kit - inspire someone to start canning!
Anyone who spends $100 or more will receive a free floating ducky tea infuser. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.969.7703. We'll send you the exact location the day before the event. Looking forward to seeing you there!