Stretching Fresh Mozzarella & Burrata, a Follow-Along Virtual Event (FAVE) - Sun, Aug 16th, 11am
Learn to stretch fresh mozzarella and form beautiful burrata in the comfort of your own home. Locals can pick up fresh mozzarella curd from us at Castro Valley Natural Grocery and follow along via Zoom.
I use a science-based approach to talk about why we do what we do rather than just presenting a basic recipe. You'll have the best mozzarella and burrata you've ever tasted within 45 minutes!
I'll send you a list of everything you'll need ahead of time as well as a link for purchasing any of the harder-to-find items. The aim is to keep it fairly simply so you don't have to stress about finding unusual items.
Date: Sun, Aug 16, 2020
Time: 11am pacific
Location: Zoom (log-in instructions sent when you book your ticket)
To follow along in this class you'll need to have on hand:
- Fresh mozzarella curd - included in your ticket and available for pickup from the cheese counter at Castro Valley Natural Grocery between Aug 13-15 (9am-6pm)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or, better yet, crème fraîche
- 1 cup salt (any kind you like)
- Optional: Baguette or crackers for enjoying your finished mozzarella and burrata; fresh tomatoes would be amazing too.
- Fresh water - about 1 gallon
- Optional: ice for cooling your mozzarella
Tools & Utensils:
- Large spoon to lift the cheese. We like this one.
- 1 gallon pot
- 2 Large mixing bowls
- Stove or heating element
- Measuring cups and spoons for ingredient measuring in quantities noted above
- Optional but useful: Thermometer reaching over 145°F
What your ticket includes:
- Mozzarella curd (to be picked up in Castro Valley, CA (I'm sorry, we're unable to ship at this time)
- Disposable gloves for stretching your cheese
- Digital recipe
Get this Follow-Along Virtual Event for free by backing me on Patreon at the $25 level (you'll still need to buy your mozzarella curd).
This is part of the FARMcurious Follow-Along Virtual Event (FAVE) Series - our response to the COVID-19 crisis. Thanks for helping to keep our lights on during this crisis.
Interested in a private cheesemaking or fermenting party via Zoom? We now offer private events for birthdays, bachelorettes, etc. We also offer team-building workshops for businesses and special interest groups (like parent's clubs, scout troops, etc), all via Zoom.
We'll send each person a very easy supply list ahead of time as well as recommendations on setting up your kitchen for a virtual cheesemaking workshop. We can even send supplies directly to each participant to make things easy. Contact Nicole directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider backing FARMcurious on Patreon
Do you love this sort of content? We just launched a Patreon campaign and our Patreon backers have the opportunity to see all of our content first. They also have first access to live-streaming workshops before we open them up to the public. At certain levels, workshops like this one are included in your membership. You can back us for as little at $5 a month so please check out our Patreon here.
A mozzarella making kit to give now and the promise of our most popular cheesemaking class in the future! The gift that keeps on giving!
Learn to make easy goat cheese (fresh chèvre) and fromage blanc (from cow's milk) using store-bought (or fresh!) milk in five easy steps.