Buy two fermenting sets and get a free e-recipe collection, free starter culture and free shipping!
Seedles - Wildflower Seed Bombs
Imagine your backyard filled with wildflowers, bees buzzing in and out, butterflies stopping by to enjoy the abundance of colors. Seedles make this possible. Each Seedle contains a different wildflower that is native to your region. The Seedles are little balls of clay, compost and seeds. Just throw it and grow it.
These wildflowers are native to the Southwest portion of the country, meaning The SF Bay Area in California down and over to NW Texas and all of Oklahoma.
What are Seedles?
Seedballs are a method for distributing seeds by encasing them in nutrient rich mixture of clay and compost. This protects the seeds by preventing them from over drying, being blown away by wind or eaten by birds and rodents.
Seedballs don’t have to be started indoors. The added protection from the clay and nutrients allows for better germination and higher success rates when planting outside. Because they are encased in clay and soil, your seeds don’t get eaten by bugs, birds, or other creatures. Instead they are protected and supported as they grow up big and tall.
Why our Seedles rock … and roll.
- Red Clay – A special red clay that feeds the seeds minerals and protects the seeds from insects and birds.
- Compost – Three types of compost are used including worm castings, sifted compost, and beneficial bacteria infused compost.
- Seeds – Filled with regionally appropriate native wildflower seeds, they can grow up to 5-10 flowers. You will get high germination rate seeds, which ensures your Seedles will sprout without a doubt.
- Size – The seedballs you will get are about the size of a dime. Many other seedballs are too big, and have too many seeds inside causing wasted seeds and too much competition between the young seedlings.
- Hot Peppers – We use hot pepper powder to prevent ants, slugs and other insects from trying to eat the seeds before they sprout. This isn’t in the coating so it’s safe for you to touch.