Explore the World of Fermented Beverages
Just in time for a New Year's resolution to give up high-fructose corn syrup-laden, artificially flavored sodas that cause rotten teeth and diabetes.
Join us for this sparklingly fun, hands-on fermentation class on how to make your very own live-cultured effervescent beverages.
Learn to make kombucha, water kefir, cultured sodas, and jun with a selection of organic and exotic spices that will invigorate your creativity and give you and your family the satisfaction of enjoying beautifully crafted libations that are unique, delicious, and filled with health promoting probiotics.
Attendees will enjoy and receive:
- A glorious tasting session of a wide selection of fermented beverages and snacks.
- Confidence and knowledge to reproduce the same results at home.
- Handouts including recipes, frequently asked questions, and resources.
- One quart-size live-cultured beverage created in class.
- Your very own kombucha starter to take home.
About the instructor:
Karen Diggs is a Certified Nutritionist, Therapeutic Chef, writer, and Founder of Kraut Source. In addition, she is also a culinary instructor at Bauman College in Berkeley, CA. Her main passion is to encourage everyone to start making their own live-cultured, fermented foods at home. Karen also has a book coming out in January of 2016 titled Happy Foods by Viva Editions. The book is a guide on using organic whole foods to boost mood and health.
Limit: 18 people
Date: TBD, Spring 2016
Location: TBD, Oakland, CA
Cancellation Policy: Please view our full cancellation policy here.